Elevating Work Platform YELLOW CARD
The Yellow Card Training Program has been designed for people needing to develop the skills and knowledge required to operate Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs or commonly known as EWPs). The course will provide training in the safe use of various types of elevated work platforms including boom type MEWPs with boom length under 11 metres.
Participants will complete multiple modules using the following machines:
- Vertical Lift (VL) using a Skyjack SJ16 Vertical Mast Lift
- Scissor Lift (SL) using a Skyjack SJ111 Scissor Lift
- Self-Propelled Boom Lift (BL) using a Skyjack SJ30 Articulated Boom.
Upon completion of our YELLOW CARD programme participants will receive a Statement of Attainment in Unit
- RIIHAN301E – Operate elevating work platform &
- EWP Association issued EWP Operator Licence Yellow Card
You will leave the training facility with your RII accreditation, but the Yellow Card will be sent to your nominated address from the EWP Association.
Training at our centre in Villawood is $290pp GST FREE for individual bookings.
If you wish to book a group please contact us on 9892 3370 to discuss suitable dates and fee.
We can also come to your workplace and train on your machines.
Training will take approximately one day.
- At least 15 years old
- Suitably attired including closed footwear
- Sufficient literacy, numeracy and English skills to be able to write well & understand others
- Be physically fit enough to perform general maintenance, safety checks and set up, operate and take apart the machines
Participants will be trained in the following:
- Operating manuals for elevating work platforms
- Elevating work platform safety requirements
- Elevating work platform operational procedures
- Reviewing machine maintenance log books
- Moving the machine to and from the work site
- setting it up for work, and
- safely using a VL, SL & BL machine