Working at Heights Online Theory & Awareness Training
By completing this online training you can receive:
- Safe Working at Heights Awareness Statement of Attendance, or
- you can book in for our half day practical assessment and receive a Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights – this must happen within 6 weeks of completing this module.
This is a 3-4 hour online training programme undertaken at your own pace. The programme is assessing your understanding by you completing assessment modules as you progress. You need to be successful in each assessment before you can progress to the next section. You are able to replay the modules if required for clarification of information and better understanding.
The online programme covers:
- Regulatory requirements for heights work
- Risk Assessment & Hierarchy of Controls for heights work
- When Fall Prevention is Required
- Alternate Means of Accessing Heights
- Height Safety Equipment
- Safe Anchoring
- Pre & Post Operational Checks
- Equipment Maintenance
- Rescue Requirements
The programme is delivered and assessed in English. If you do not have a good understanding of spoken and written ENGLISH, this course is not for you. You would be better suited to our face to face Safe Working a Heights course run every week at Guildford. Here is the link https://sydneysafety.com.au/safe-working-at-heights-training/1-day-height-safety-training-programme/
Before booking this online programme, please ensure you have the following computer support.
- A Windows or Apple Computer system:
– Mac OS X with Mac OS 10.10 and higher
– Windows 7 and higher.
- Use Google Chrome Browser, though Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer or Firefox can be used.
- You will need a stable internet connection
- Your device will need to be able to play sound for online modules
Cost of Training
The cost for this online training is $165 incl GST per person, this is payable by credit card when you book.
If you attend within six weeks for the practical training, you will pay a further $75 GST FREE. Please ensure you call to book in for this session if you are seeking the unit of competency.
Who should do this training?
Awareness is designed to provide managers, supervisors and safety personnel with a better understanding of how people should work safely at height. If you are responsible for issuing permits for working at heights, this training is essential for your understanding of how workers work safely at heights and all the relevant terminology.
Full Accreditation for people who want to become accredited to work safely at height, but do not wish to attend face to face training for the theory component only. Once you have completed this module, you then must book in for the practical module within six weeks. Please call 02 9892 3370 to make this booking at our facility in Guildford NSW.
Training Materials – once you book this online training, you will be emailed your training manual and other relevant documents.
There are no course pre-requisite training required.
Upon successful completion of this online training programme you will receive.
- Statement of Attendance For Height Safety Awareness
If you wish to carry on and receive full accreditation by completing the practical face to face session, you will then receive
- Statement of Attainment RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Height
Both the Statement of Attendance and the Statement of Attainment are issued through RTO Safety Training, RTO #40992
Please be aware that the Statement of Attendance will not be issued until the end of the next business day after the course is completed. So if completed on a weekend, that would be late on the Monday.
This training can earn participants Continuing Professional Development points (CPD). For more details click here