What must be in the confined space entry permit?
The confined space entry permit must list the following:
- The confined space which is applies to
- Name of any worker permitted to enter the space
- Period of time that the permit is in operation
- Measures to control the risks
- Permit must be used as a written record that all workers have exited the space
- It should be displayed in a prominent place to facilitate signing and clearance.
- Each worker must be able to understand the entry permit
- The information on the entry permit may be used as a suitable record of the risk assessment that has been carried out.
- The permit must include your rescue plan and emergency information
- It is valid for the day of use
- Kept for 28 days by law if there was a confined space incident