EWP Emergency Escape and Rescue
A business conducting work using an elevated work platform needs to ensure all operators understand how to operate the emergency retrieval system or if on board, how to use the emergency descent device. This training program has been designed to teach people how to rescue from the ground personnel in a raised EWP and trains people who are in a raised EWP, how to safely perform a controlled descent escape from the basket to the ground using the onboard self rescue system.
Upon successful completion of the course participants will receive a Statement of Attainment in Units of Competency:
- UETTDRRF03 Perform EWP rescue
- UETTDRRF08 Perform EWP controlled descent escape
You will depart the training centre on the day with a hard copies of both the above accreditations.
Participants must have obtained HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation accreditation in the last 12 months prior to attending the class. For training dates please click here.
Training at our centre in Villawood is $325 for individual bookings.
If you wish to book a group please contact us on 9892 3370 to discuss suitable dates and fee. We can also come to your workplace and train on your machines.
The course is scheduled to be conducted between 4-6 hours based on class numbers.
- At least 15 years old
- Suitably attired including closed footwear
- Sufficient literacy, numeracy and English skills to be able to write well & understand others
- Be physically fit enough to perform safety checks, operate the manual rescue system of the machine, and perform a self-rescue by descending from height on rope from a simulated basket.
We will take up to six students per training class.
Participants will be trained in the following:
- Inspection of safety equipment, and checking of hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- Isolation and safe approach distances
- Practical steps of rescuing victim and removing to a safe location.
- Understanding the basic control system of the machine to activate the emergency lowering system and recover the victim
- Accessing, inspecting, securing and attaching emergency descent equipment to self and then evacuating the EWP and descending to the ground
Video on how to manually lower a Skyjack Scissor Lift.. 45 seconds long.