WHO NEEDS AWARENESS TRAINING?
Asbestos awareness training is mandatory for anyone whose normal work duties present a reasonable likelihood of disturbing or coming into contact with asbestos.
- workers who enter ceiling cavities (such as insulation installers; pest spray operators; air-conditioning installers; maintenance and repair workers; solar panel providers)
- electricians; plumbers; carpenters and joiners; plasterers; painters and decorators; gas fitters; demolition workers; floor finishers
- emergency services workers
- building and construction workers.
How-to-safely-remove-asbestos-COP 2022 please download and read prior to removing any asbestos, as you MUST comply with this code.
The employer or business (or other PCBU) is required to keep a record of a worker’s training while they are carrying out work and for five years after the day the worker ceases work.
Workers do not need an asbestos awareness training card.
All attendees at this programme will receive a “Statement of Attendance” from RTO Safety Training Pty Ltd RTO #40992
ASBESTOS AWARENESS TRAINING
Asbestos awareness training gives workers and supervisors the knowledge they need to identify and work safely with asbestos or asbestos containing material.
The purpose of awareness training is to ensure workers understand where asbestos might be found and what steps to take to stay safe. This does not accredit them to remove asbestos, please review our Non-Friable or Friable Asbestos removal programmes.
Training should provide information on:
- identification, safe handling and appropriate control measures
- asbestos containing materials (ACMs)
- naturally occurring asbestos
- loose fill asbestos (raw asbestos crushed into a fine state and installed as insulation).
- If you are an employer or business (or other PCBU), you are responsible for
- giving workers appropriate information and instruction about the risks and controls necessary to do their work safely.
- determining the right training for each worker.
- You need formal training and a WorkCover licence if you carry out friable and non-friable asbestos removal.
ASBESTOS AWARENESS TRAINING DETAILS
This training is conducted “on demand” for companies & PCBU for their staff. You can either send your staff to our training centre near Parramatta NSW or we are more than happy to come to you.
The training takes approx. 3 hours and includes:
- Professional interactive power point presentation by a qualified asbestos Cert IV trainer
- Asbestos Awareness Notes for all attendees
- A “Statement of Attendance” issued to all attendees, plus we send a pdf copy to employers for their records
If you are interested in conducting this training for your staff, please call us on 02 9892 3370 to discuss.