Please note that LVR and CPR have a 12 month validity period if you are working live. This is the course for you to refresh.
Participants will receive refresher training in rescue procedures from a live low voltage (LV) apparatus and CPR.
Upon completion of our LVR programme participants will receive a Statement of Attainment in Units of Competency:
- UETDRMP007 – Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- UETDREL006 – Work safely in the vicinity of live electrical apparatus as a non-electrical worker
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (if needed or refreshed)
- Sticker in your log book if required.
You will leave the training facility with your accreditation if successful, no waiting on the mail.
Training commences at 7:30am, and will progress for four hours.
Trainees must be suitably attired including closed footwear. Provide proof of ID and their USI.
Group booking the cost is $1500 GST Free for up to twelve staff at Sydney Safety Training or $1800 if we are to attend your site (Sydney Metro Area).
We can train anywhere in Australia, please call us to discuss. 02 9892 3370
|Low Voltage Rescue (LVR) Course Format
The LVR course commences at 7:30am at our safety training centre in Villawood NSW.
Participants will be reviewed in:
Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Relevant ARC guidelines to manage unconscious breathing and no breathing casualty and provision of CPR
- Understand your legal, workplace and community considerations
- How to correctly administer CPR
- Perform CPR as a single operator
- Follow prompts from an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Perform CPR with another person
- Perform CPR on an infant
Low Voltage Rescue
Emergency procedures for the rescue of a victim from a live LV panel encompassing:
- inspection of rescue equipment
- assessing hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- isolation procedures, where appropriate
- ensuring safe approach distances (SAD) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- involvement of external emergency services
- placement of rescue equipment
- controlling hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- maintaining SAD appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- removing victim to safe location/place of safety
All participants are required to:
- applying relevant work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements, including the use of risk control measures
- inspecting and placing rescue equipment
- identifying and labelling the isolation point
- performing a rescue from a low voltage (LV) panel in accordance with workplace procedures
This training will require you to participate in physical practical exercises. Ensure you are fully aware of the risks prior to participating and understand the control measures employed.