Low Voltage Rescue Refresher Training
Please note that LVR and CPR have a 12 month validity period if you are working live. This is the course for you to refresh.
Participants will receive refresher training in rescue procedures from a live low voltage (LV) apparatus and CPR.
Upon completion of our LVR programme participants will receive a Statement of Attainment in Units of Competency:
- UETTDRRF06 – Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (if needed or refreshed)
You will leave the training facility with your accreditation if successful, no waiting on the mail.
Training commences AT 7:30am and will be completed by 1:30pm, which includes a lunch break.
Trainees must be suitably attired including closed footwear. Provide proof of ID and their USI.
This training is $150 GST FREE per person GST FREE for both CPR and LVR.
If you only require LVR, as your CPR is still current in last 12 months, then the fee is $95 GST FREE. Please call to make this booking.
For a group booking the cost is $1200 GST Free for up to ten staff at Sydney Safety Training or $1500 if we are to attend your site (Sydney Metro Area).
We can train anywhere in Australia, please call us to discuss. 02 9892 3370
|Low Voltage Rescue (LVR) Course Format|
The LVR course commences at 7:30am at our safety training centre in Villawood NSW.
Participants will be reviewed in:
Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Relevant ARC guidelines to manage unconscious breathing and no breathing casualty and provision of CPR
- Understand your legal, workplace and community considerations
- How to correctly administer CPR
- Perform CPR as a single operator
- Follow prompts from an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Perform CPR with another person
- Perform CPR on an infant
Low Voltage Rescue
Emergency procedures for the rescue of a victim from a live LV panel encompassing:
- inspection of rescue equipment
- assessing hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- isolation procedures, where appropriate
- ensuring safe approach distances (SAD) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- involvement of external emergency services
- placement of rescue equipment
- controlling hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- maintaining SAD appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- removing victim to safe location/place of safety
All participants are required to:
- applying relevant work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements, including the use of risk control measures
- inspecting and placing rescue equipment
- identifying and labelling the isolation point
- performing a rescue from a low voltage (LV) panel in accordance with workplace procedures
This training will require you to participate in physical practical exercises. Ensure you are fully aware of the risks prior to participating and understand the control measures employed.