Low Voltage Rescue & CPR Training
Participants will receive training in rescue procedures from a live low voltage (LV) apparatus. They will also undergo CPR training which is a pre-requisite for this program is.
Please note that LVR and CPR have a 12 month validity period. This means you must redo this programme every 12 months to remain current if you are working live.
Upon completion of our LVR programme participants will receive a Statement of Attainment in Units of Competency:
- UETTDRRF06 – Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
You will leave the training facility with your accreditation if successful, no waiting.
Training will take approximately four hours.
- At least 15 years old
- Suitably attired including closed footwear
This training is $150 per person GST FREE.
For a group booking the cost is $1200 GST Free for up to ten staff.
Low Voltage Rescue (LVR) Course Format
The LVR course commences at 7:30am at our safety training centre in Villawood NSW.
Participants will be reviewed in:
Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Relevant ARC guidelines to manage unconscious breathing and no breathing casualty and provision of CPR
- Understand your legal, workplace and community considerations
- How to correctly administer CPR
- Perform CPR as a single operator
- Follow prompts from an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Perform CPR with another person
- Perform CPR on an infant
Low Voltage Rescue
Emergency procedures for the rescue of a victim from a live LV panel encompassing:
- inspection of rescue equipment
- assessing hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- isolation procedures, where appropriate
- safe approach distances SAD appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- involvement of external emergency services
- placement of rescue equipment
- controlling hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- maintaining SAD appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- removing victim to safe location/place of safety
All participants are required to:
- applying relevant work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements, including the use of risk control measures
- inspecting and placing rescue equipment
- identifying and labelling the isolation point
- performing a rescue from a low voltage (LV) panel in accordance with workplace procedures
This training will require you to participate in physical practical exercises. Ensure you are fully aware of the risks prior to participating and understand the control measures employed.
Site Attendance Information – please print off