SHOW LEADERSHIP IN THE WORKPLACE
This training is for staff that are transitioning from being a team member, to either a Team Leader or a Supervisor. Their promotion has come about by their on the job performance as an effective member of a team, but do they have the understanding of how to now become an effective leader.
These people play a vital role in achieving and maintaining safety standards in the workplace. They are your front line WHS compliance officers. Quality leaders work with their teams to encourage and embrace a robust culture around worker safety.
Great workers do not always make great leaders, but if they are shown how to, the transition can be a lot easier for the worker, but also much more rewarding for the company and its employees.
This training will show new Team Leader/Supervisors:
- How to show leadership by understanding collaboration and consultation in the workplace
- Understand their responsibilities under the WHS Act and Regulations
- How to complete peer to peer safety observations
- Understand how to consult and communicate in the workplace
- How to diagnose and solve routine and non-routine problems
- Lead others in a way that will support and drive safety on the job
Public Courses – this course starts at 8:30am at our training centre in Guildford. The training hours for the day are from 8:30am to 4pm. This course takes only ONE DAY and finishes by 4pm.
Training at our site means you can send staff along for public programmes at times suitable to your work commitments. You can send up to ten staff, but for these numbers we would also arrange special dates/times for your group.
Onsite Courses – If you require onsite training, we can book dates and times to suit you. We take up to ten staff on this course and we will utilize your board room or training rooms to conduct this programme. Remember we can do dates/times to suit you.
Individual Bookings – If booking on a public course the fee per person is $350 GST FREE.
Group Bookings – If booking a group of up to ten staff at our facility the fee is $2000 GST FREE
Onsite Group Bookings – If booking a group of up to ten staff at your facility the fee is $2400 GST FREE, and if out of the Sydney Metropolitan area there would be a travel fee of $85 + GST per hour to/from plus possibly an overnight accommodation fee of $165 + GST country & $185 + GST for city sites unless you arrange the accommodation.
What is included?
- Course tuition from our experienced workplace trainers
- Student manual
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Coffee, tea and cold water all day as required
- Upon successful completion they walk out the door with a Statement of Attainment
This is a Nationally Accredited Programme, participants must attend the entire programme and successfully participate in all evaluation activities. At the completion of the training day a successful student will leave the training centre with a Statement of Attainment for the following unit of competency:
BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace.
This Statement is issued by RTO Safety Training #40992, a sister company to Sydney Safety Training
1. Model high standards of management performance and behaviour
- Ensure management performance and behaviour meets the organisation’s requirements
- Ensure management performance and behaviour serves as a positive role model for others
- Develop and implement performance plans in accordance with organisation’s goals and objectives
- Establish and use key performance indicators to meet organisations goals and objectives
2. Enhance organisation’s image
- Use organisation’s standards and values in conducting business
- Question, through established communication channels, standards and values considered to be damaging to the organisation
- Ensure personal performance contributes to developing an organisation which has integrity and credibility
3. Make informed decisions
- Gather and organise information relevant to the
- issue/s under consideration
- Facilitate individuals and teams active participation
- in decision making processes
- Examine options and assess associated risks to
- determine preferred course/s of action
- Ensure decisions are timely and communicate them clearly to individuals and teams
- Prepare plans to implement decisions and ensure they are agreed by relevant individuals and teams
- Use feedback processes effectively to monitor the implementation and impact of decisions