Working at Heights Training Course - Course Dates
Working at Heights Training Course
THIS IS THE COURSE THAT IS REQUIRED BY ALL STATE AUTHORITIES WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHTS IN AUSTRALIA.
If an employer has personnel working where they can fall from one to level to another, and there is a risk of injury, provision is to be made to prevent falls, appropriate equipment is to be made available and appropriate training is to be given. Please make yourself aware of the National Workplace Health and Safety Act, and in particular the National Code Of Practice for “Managing the Risks of Falls at the Workplace. Here is the link for your copy.
Upon completion of our Height Safety Training programme participants will receive a Statement of Attainment in Units of Competency:
You will receive the following unit of competency:
Work Safely at Heights RIIWHS204D
Issued through RTO Safety Training, RTO #40992
Please print off your Heights pre course reading notes here heights-pre-course-notes
All training is also based on the Heights Code of Practice Managing-the-risk-of-falls-at-workplaces-COP
Formal Heights Rescue Training is an additional days training
If your staff require formal heights rescue training, we do conduct a second day of training after the normal Safe Work at Heights course where your staff receive intensive training in heights rescue. During the Safe Work at Heights course your staff do cover heights rescue, but no unit of competency is issued. With the formal training, your staff will spend the day conducting numerous heights rescues, including self rescue, pole top rescue, overhead rescue using a GOTCHA Kit, and overhead rescue using a ROLLGLISS heights rescue kit. For more details please click here
Safe Work at Heights Course Format
The course commences at 8:30am at our training centre in Guildford NSW.
Participants will be reviewed in:
- Regulatory requirements
- Risk Assessment & Hierarchy of Controls
- When Fall Prevention is Required
- Alternate Means of Accessing Heights
- Height Safety Equipment
- Safe Anchoring
- Pre & Post Operational Checks
- Equipment Maintenance
- Rescue Requirements/Practical Rescue
All participants are required to:
- conduct a site risk assessment,
- correctly fit a harness,
- climb a fixed ladder using an type #1 fall arrestor,
- operate a rope grab,
- use a twin tail lanyard on static line and while climbing;
- use an inertia reel,
- climb a pole and establish a pole strap
- establish a temporary anchor point,
- connect to a permanent anchor point,
- conduct a heights self rescue and
- work as a member of a team in an overhead rescue of a suspended victim.
This training will require you to participate in physical practical exercises. Ensure you are fully aware of the risks prior to participating and understand the control measures employed.
Participants are supplied the following learning materials for the programme:
- Height Safety Training Manual
Our safe work at heights course starts at 8:30am at our training centre in Guildford. This course takes only ONE DAY and finishes by 4:30pm. Due to the popularity of this course, we add additional programmes each week based on demand, so keep an eye at the top of this page for additionally scheduled programmes. Training at our site means you can send staff along for public programmes at times suitable to your work commitments. You can send up to ten staff, but for these numbers we would also arrange special dates/times for your group.
If you require onsite training, we can book dates and times to suit you. We take up to ten staff on this course. We will bring to site our purpose built “Height Safety Training Trailer” to ensure your staff receive a quality and safe training experience. This trailer allows us to provide your staff with training in anchoring, use of lanyards and rope grabs, use of static lines, use of pole straps, self rescue descents, use of control rescue device, climbing ladders with twin tails and overhead rescue.
The following fee structure applies to our Safe Work at Heights training course.
- Public Course Bookings at Guildford
* $225 GST FREE per person
* Group discount applies for group bookings for up to 10 fixed at $1500 GST FREE
* Saturday courses at $265 per person
- Onsite Course Bookings
* This training is conducted at a cost of $2000 GST FREE for up to ten staff at your site
* Travel to/from site is $85.00 + GST per hour
* Airfares & hire car at cost if not organised by client
* Accommodation if not supplied by client is billed at cost.
* For training at your site, please fill out our site check list and return to us for review. RST T-0021 Onsite Training Check List
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE IN ENGLISH, AND MUST BE ABLE TO FILL OUT ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION. We can train people where English is an issue, but it needs to be on a specially scheduled programme and YOU WILL NEED TO provide an interpreter..
WE CONDUCT HEIGHTS TRAINING FROM MONDAY TO FRIDAY & WE NEVER CANCEL A PROGRAMME. Please book above with the confidence knowing the course will go ahead.
To read comments from previous students and companies who attended our training, click here