Height Safety Audits
Here is a copy of the Code of Practice, please review Managing-the-risk-of-falls-at-workplaces-COP
An extract from the Code regarding “duty of care” regarding persons working at height reads:
Who has health and safety duties in relation to falls?
A person conducting a business or undertaking has the primary duty under the WHS Act to
ensure, as far as reasonably practicable, that workers and other persons are not exposed to
health and safety risks arising from the business or undertaking.
A person conducting a business or undertaking has more specific obligations under the
WHS Regulations to manage the risk of a fall by a person from one level to another, including
- ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that any work involving the risk of a fall is
- carried out on the ground or on a solid construction
- provide safe means of access to and exit from the workplace
- minimise the risk of falls so far as is reasonably practicable by providing a fall prevention the business or undertaking complies with the WHS Act and Regulations. This includesresources and processes to eliminate or minimise risks of falls from one level to another that
- are likely to cause injury.
- taking reasonable steps to ensure that the business or undertaking has and uses appropriate
- Officers, such as company directors, have a duty to exercise due diligence to ensure that
- device, work positioning system or a fall arrest system.
The WHS Regulations are:
|Regulation 34-38: In order to manage risk under the WHS Regulations, a duty holder must:|
reasonably practicable by implementing control measures in accordance with the
hierarchy of control
reasonably practicable, a work environment that is without risks to health and safety.
Our staff in company with your nominated staff member will inspect the entire facility, identify and photograph all potential heights issues. Depending on the size of your facility, this process may take a couple of hours or a couple of days.
Once the initial inspection is completed, we will then create a “Heights Audit Report” for your site. This register will include:
During this process there will be ongoing consultation with your key people to ensure all detail meets your company protocols and procedures. Upon completion the report will be forwarded for your review and remedial action. If required we can also provide a detailed quotation of the works, if any that have been recommended to bring your organisation into compliance.
For details of this service please call 02 9892 3370 during business hours…thanks