Non Friable Asbestos Removal Training Course - Course Dates
Non Friable Asbestos Removal Training Course
All workers involved in asbestos removal are required to complete this course to qualify you to remove NON FRIABLE asbestos greater than ten square meters, and this is the pre-requisite training course to qualify you to do REMOVE FRIABLE Asbestos. When working in NSW your employer must have a WorkCover Class B Asbestos Removal Licence.
Down load a copy for course pre reading safely-remove-asbestos-code-of-practice-8286
You will be provided with:
- A copy of the Code of Practice to Safely Remove Asbestos
- Disposable coveralls, P2 mask, glasses & gloves required to complete the practical training at no extra charge
- Required equipment to use to set up a non friable removal site prior to conducting removal
- You will remove simulated asbestos sheeting from a framework under simulated work conditions
- Tea, coffee and biscuits at our training site
- Please bring shorts and T shirt for practical training
The national unit of competency issued through this training is:
CPCCDE3014A – Remove non-friable asbestos
The “Statement of Attainment” is issued by RTO Safety Training RTO# 40992.
- All attendees must hold and present on the day of training a Statement of Attainment showing either “CPCCOHS1001A- Work safely in the construction industry” OR “CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry”. Either of these units of competency are also a prerequisite for asbestos training. If you completed a WHITE CARD formal training AFTER September 2009 you will have this unit of competency, but not if you DID THE TRAINING before that date. THIS IS NOT A SAFEWORK PREREQUISITE, BUT A NATIONAL TRAINING AUTHORITY REQUIREMENT THAT CANNOT BE WAIVED.
- If you do not present a Statement of Attainment for either of these units on the day of training, you can complete the training, but we cannot issue accreditation until you present a CURRENT Statement of Attainment with one of those units on it. This is NOT NEGOTIABLE, as it is a training authority pre-requisite.
- You will need to provide the trainer with 100 points of ID prior to commencement of the training. MUST BE ORIGINALS – NO COPIES WILL BE ACCEPTED – Some documents you can use to provide this can include:
- Your passport, either Australian or International
- Australian birth certificate
- Australian drivers licence
- Medicare card
- ATM card
- utilities bill
- Failure to produce 100 points of identification with original documents will result in you being asked to leave immediately – you must have them prior to course commencement
This programme is conducted over two days. The start times vary so please check your confirmation email to view when the program begins
The cost of this course is $450.00 GST FREE for public courses.
Training at Guildford – Groups are bookings of up to ten staff and for this 2 day programme the cost will be $4000.00 GST FREE at Guildford and can be conducted at times agreed to. Please call to discuss.
Training at your Site – We would bring our training trailer to site that has material attached to wooden frames to simulate the removal of non friable asbestos. The cost for this training for up to ten staff is $4250 GST FREE at your site in the metro area. Outside the metro area we charge $85 + GST per hour travel to and from training site, plus overnight accommodation and meals for the trainer.
If you require training for a group of people anywhere in Australia, please contact us on 02 9892 3370. We can provide that training at your site or ours.
At no time during training will anyone be exposed to asbestos.
This training programme is conducted by qualified trainers and includes:
- Preparing for asbestos removal
- Prepare asbestos removal area and removal site
- Isolate removal site
- Carry out asbestos removal process
- Carry out decontamination process
- Clean up work site
- Contribute to and use documentation in line with regulatory requirements
- Practical training in wearing PPE, setting up exclusion zone, removing asbestos, wrapping asbestos, decontaminating your PPE, and removing the PPE
This training will require you to participate in physical practical exercises. Ensure you are fully aware of the risks prior to participating and understand the control measures employed.