Confined Space Standby/Rescue Training - 3 Day Course - Course Dates
Confined Space Standby/Rescue Training – 3 Day Course
This is a FULL ACCREDITATION confined space training course for all persons involved in confined space entry. You are qualified to fulfill ANY ROLE in the confined space team. This course commences every Monday at 8:30am or if a public holiday then the Tuesday. This is one of the best training programmes you will ever do!!
It is compliant with “The Core Training Elements for the National Standard for Safe Working in a Confined Space” and the training also covers the Australian Standard AS/NZ 2865 (2009) Safe Working in a Confined Space. You also must ensure you now meet the requirements of the National Workplace Health and Safety Act, and in particular the National Code Of Practice for Confined Spaces. Code of Practice Confined Space 2016
The SafeWork Australia Standards for Airborne Contaminants – your responsibilities workplace-exposure-standards-airborne-contaminants-v2
This is a competency based programme, practical skills need to be achieved after classroom presentation of information. Skill competency can only be achieved via repetition of skills until competency demonstrated. Time is therefore a factor in attaining competency, with three days deemed the minimum to achieve adequate competency levels.
|Training Subjects & Practical Exercises|
Participants will receive training in:
- Confined Space Legislation & Workplace Hazards & Safe Work Procedures
- Confined Space Risk Assessment & Documentation
- Confined Space Entry Permits
- Confined Space Equipment, using CF harnesses, tripods & VED devices
- Atmospheric Hazards & the use of Gas Detection Equipment
- Breathing Apparatus and the practical use of SCBA
- Perform CPR
- Use of portable fire fighting equipment
- Confined Space Emergency Procedures and Confined Space Rescue Drills
This training will require you to participate in physical practical exercises. Ensure you are fully aware of the risks prior to participating and understand the control measures employed.
|Detailed Training Program|
This is the detailed confined space course training programme. Training Schedule
|Training Support Materials|
Participants are supplied the following learning materials:
- Confined Space Manual & Rescue Supplement
- Confined Space Risk Assessment/ Job Safety Analysis
- Confined Space Entry Permit
- Breathing Apparatus Check List
- First Aid Manual
- Fire Fighting Guidelines and Fire Extinguisher ID Chart
Upon completion of our confined space training programme participants will receive a Statement of Attainment in “Units of Competency” in the following areas:
RIIWHS202D Enter and work in a confined space
MSMPER205 Enter confined space
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
MSMPER300 Issue work permits
CPPFES2005A Demonstrate first attack fire fighting equipment
HLTAID001 Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation
MSMWHS216 Operate breathing apparatus
PUASAR025A Undertake confined space rescue
MSMPER202 Observe permit work
Issued through RTO Safety Training, RTO #40992
If you are considering being trained elsewhere, check the above units of competency we issue against what the other training group issue, you might get a surprise. We have had many companies train elsewhere, then come to us for further training to receive ALL the units of competency listed above. So may as well come here first, it will save you valuable time and money.
Public Courses – Our confined space course starts at 8:30am every Monday & Wednesday morning at our training centre in Guildford. The training hours each day are from 8:30am to 4pm. The course is conducted over three days, finishing on Wednesday afternoon by 4pm. If demand is high we may run a second course for the week starting on a Wednesday. If that is the case, the course will be listed in the starting dates above. Training at our site means you can send staff along for public programmes at times suitable to your work commitments. You can send up to ten staff, but for these numbers we would also arrange special dates/times for your group.
Onsite Courses – If you require onsite training, we can book dates and times to suit you. We take up to ten staff on this course and will bring along our purpose built “Confined Space Training Trailer”. This trailer allows us to run realistic training for your staff that meets the practical requirements to attain the units of competency issued. F0r more details and a video of our “Mobile Training Centre”, click here.
Course Fees – The following fee structure applies to our Confined Space 3 Day full training course. Please ensure you understand that our course fees include ALL areas of competency as shown above..other providers may conduct a 3 day course, BUT NOT ISSUE full training competencies as we do.
- Public Course Bookings at Guildford
* $750 GST FREE per person
* Group discount applies to 6 or more staff attending. Price is then fixed at $4500 GST FREE for up to ten staff
- Onsite Course Bookings
* This training is conducted at a cost of $6000 GST FREE for up to ten staff at your site
* Travel to/from site is $85.00 + GST per hour
* Airfares & hire car at cost if not organised by client
* Accommodation if not supplied by client is billed at cost.
* For training at your site, please fill out our site check list and return to us for review. RST T-0021 Onsite Training Check List
Please print off your Confined Space pre course reading notes here CS Pre Course Notes
- Print Course Attendance Letter – for all students attending the course.
- Course dates for this year
- Print CS 3 Day Course
All courses are nationally recognised, and our confined space programme is Sydney Water compliant. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE IN ENGLISH, AND MUST BE ABLE TO FILL OUT ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION. We can train people where English is an issue, but it needs to be on a specially scheduled programme and YOU WILL NEED TO provide an interpreter..