Safe Work at Heights Saturday Training - Course Dates
Safe Work at Heights Saturday Training
For those people who are busy working during the week, we are now scheduling a SAFE WORKING AT HEIGHTS training course on Saturdays, as per the schedule above. This is a nationally accredited programme and costs $265 per person, or $1500 if you book a group of up to ten people.
COVID-19 Precautions at Sydney Safety Training – we are still training, but have adopted some strict guidelines.
Please click here to view these guidelines SST A-0011 COVID 19 Controls at Sydney Safety Training
THIS IS THE COURSE THAT IS REQUIRED BY ALL STATE AUTHORITIES WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHTS IN AUSTRALIA.
If an employer has personnel working where they can fall from one to level to another, and there is a risk of injury, provision is to be made to prevent falls, appropriate equipment is to be made available and appropriate training is to be given. Please make yourself aware of the National Workplace Health and Safety Act, and in particular the National Code Of Practice for “Managing the Risks of Falls at the Workplace. Managing-the-risk-of-falls-at-workplaces-COP Upon completion of our Height Safety Training programme participants will receive a Statement of Attainment in Units of Competency:
You will receive the following unit of competency:
Work Safely at Heights RIIWHS204D
We do not issue Statements of Attainment & heights cards on a weekend, a pdf copy can be emailed after processing on the Monday. But if you need them immediately, you need to call 02 9892 3370 by midday on the Friday and speak to Lara. She will need your full details and your USI, so she can prepare your Statement in advance. Understand that if you are not successful on the day you will not receive the statement.
Issued through RTO Safety Training, RTO #40992
Please print off your Heights pre course reading notes here heights-pre-course-notes
The course commences at 8:30am at our training centre in Guildford NSW.
Participants will be reviewed in:
- Regulatory requirements
- Risk Assessment & Hierarchy of Controls
- When Fall Prevention is Required
- Alternate Means of Accessing Heights
- Height Safety Equipment
- Safe Anchoring
- Pre & Post Operational Checks
- Equipment Maintenance
- Rescue Requirements/Practical Rescue
All participants are required to:
- conduct a site risk assessment,
- correctly fit a harness,
- climb a fixed ladder using an type #1 fall arrestor,
- operate a rope grab,
- use a twin tail lanyard on static line and while climbing;
- use an inertia reel,
- climb a pole and establish a pole strap
- establish a temporary anchor point,
- connect to a permanent anchor point,
- conduct a heights self rescue and
- work as a member of a team in an overhead rescue of a suspended victim.
This training will require you to participate in physical practical exercises. Ensure you are fully aware of the risks prior to participating and understand the control measures employed.
Participants are supplied the following learning materials for the programme:
- Height Safety Training Manual
Our safe work at heights course starts at 8:30am sharp on Saturday morning. Please arrive at 8:15am at our training centre in Guildford. This course takes only ONE DAY and finishes by 4:00pm.
Please take it easy on Friday night if attending this programme as attendance does not = a pass
The following fee structure applies to our Safe Work at Heights training course.
- Public Course Bookings at Guidlford * $265 GST FREE per person * Group discount applies to 6 or more staff attending. Price is then fixed at $1500 GST FREE for up to ten staff
- Print Course Attendance Letter – for all students attending the course.
- Course dates for this year
- Print Height Safety Courses
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE IN ENGLISH, AND MUST BE ABLE TO FILL OUT ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION. We can train people where English is an issue, but it needs to be on a specially scheduled programme and YOU WILL NEED TO provide an interpreter..