Course Dates For Asbestos Awareness Training
It is crucial that workers and supervisors understand how to identify and safely work with asbestos or material that contains this dangerous mineral. The training goal is to enable workers to understand where they may find asbestos and the steps they must therefore take to ensure safety for all. Training will involve:
- Identifying, handling safely and providing appropriate control measures for asbestos that is naturally occurring, loose fill (finely crushed and used as insulation) and asbestos-containing materials (ACMs).
As an employer, business or PCBU, your responsibilities include:
- Providing staff and contractors with information and instructions about risks and controls so they may conduct their work safely.
- Knowing and implementing the correct training for each team member.
your responsibilities regarding your workplace re asbestos management.
How to safely remove asbestos COP 2022
all asbestos removal work & workers must comply with this code.
WHO NEEDS AWARENESS TRAINING?
Asbestos awareness training is mandatory for anyone whose normal work duties present a reasonable likelihood of disturbing or coming into contact with asbestos. Examples include:
- workers who enter ceiling cavities (such as insulation installers; pest spray operators; air-conditioning installers; maintenance and repair workers; solar panel providers)
- electricians; plumbers; carpenters and joiners; plasterers; painters and decorators; gas fitters; demolition workers; floor finishers
- emergency services workers
- building and construction workers.
- persons removing less than 10 s/m of non friable asbestos
Cost of Training
The cost for this training is $220 per person on public programmed courses at VILLAWOOD Training Centre.
Groups consist of 10 – 15 people.
Group of up to ten at our facility is $1500 + GST + $150 + GST pp from eleven to fifteen.
Groups of up to ten at your facility in Sydney is $1800 + GST + $180 + GST pp from eleven to fifteen.
Groups of up to ten at your facility outside of Sydney are the above cost + travel to from site at $85 + GST per hour and accommodation. (airfares at cost if required + hire car).
This training can earn participants Continuing Professional Development points (CPD). For more details click here
- Statement of Attendance for Asbestos Awareness Training.
- Issued by RTO Safety Training, RTO #40992
ASBESTOS REMOVAL TRAINING To become competent to remove asbestos please click here to see the training course options.