Asbestos Awareness Training
Asbestos awareness training gives workers and supervisors the knowledge they need to identify and work safely with asbestos or asbestos containing material.
The purpose of awareness training is to ensure workers understand where asbestos might be found and what steps to take to stay safe.
Training will provide information on:
- identification, safe handling and appropriate control measures
- asbestos containing materials (ACMs)
- naturally occurring asbestos
- loose fill asbestos (raw asbestos crushed into a fine state and installed as insulation).
If you are an employer or business (or other PCBU), you are responsible for:
- giving workers appropriate information and instruction about the risks and controls necessary to do their work safely.
- determining the right training for each worker.
How to Manage and Control Asbestos in the Workplace your responsibilities regarding your workplace re asbestos management
Code of Practice Remove Asbestos all asbestos removal work & workers must comply with this code.
WHO NEEDS AWARENESS TRAINING?
Asbestos awareness training is mandatory for anyone whose normal work duties present a reasonable likelihood of disturbing or coming into contact with asbestos.
- workers who enter ceiling cavities (such as insulation installers; pest spray operators; air-conditioning installers; maintenance and repair workers; solar panel providers)
- electricians; plumbers; carpenters and joiners; plasterers; painters and decorators; gas fitters; demolition workers; floor finishers
- emergency services workers
- building and construction workers.
- persons removing less than 10 s/m of non friable asbestos
The course cost is $1200 + GST for up to 15 persons here at Sydney Safety or $1500 + GST for up to 15 persons at your facility.
If outside the Sydney Metro Area there is a travel fee of $85 + GST per hour to and from site.
If overnight accommodation is required, we charge $185 + GST per night, unless you arrange and pay.
Our Asbestos Awareness Training is conducted over 3-4 hours in a training room. Upon completion of training all attendees will receive a:
- Statement of Attendance for Asbestos Awareness Training.
- Issued by RTO Safety Training, RTO #40992
ASBESTOS REMOVAL TRAINING