Asbestos Awareness Training - Course Dates
Asbestos Awareness Training
Asbestos awareness training gives workers and supervisors the knowledge they need to identify and work safely with asbestos or asbestos containing material. The purpose of awareness training is to ensure workers understand where asbestos might be found and what steps to take to stay safe. Training will provide information on:
- identification, safe handling and appropriate control measures
- asbestos containing materials (ACMs)
- naturally occurring asbestos
- loose fill asbestos (raw asbestos crushed into a fine state and installed as insulation).
If you are an employer or business (or other PCBU), you are responsible for:
- giving workers appropriate information and instruction about the risks and controls necessary to do their work safely.
- determining the right training for each worker.
How-to-manage-and-control-asbestos-in-the-workplace-COP 2019 your responsibilities regarding your workplace re asbestos management How-to-safely-remove-asbestos-COP 2019 all asbestos removal work & workers must comply with this code. WHO NEEDS AWARENESS TRAINING? Asbestos awareness training is mandatory for anyone whose normal work duties present a reasonable likelihood of disturbing or coming into contact with asbestos. Examples include:
- workers who enter ceiling cavities (such as insulation installers; pest spray operators; air-conditioning installers; maintenance and repair workers; solar panel providers)
- electricians; plumbers; carpenters and joiners; plasterers; painters and decorators; gas fitters; demolition workers; floor finishers
- emergency services workers
- building and construction workers.
- persons removing less than 10 s/m of non friable asbestos
Cost of Training
The cost for this training is $220 + GST per person on public programmed courses at VILLAWOOD Training Centre.
Groups consist of 10 – 15 people.
Group of up to ten at our facility is $1500 + GST + $150 + GST pp from eleven to fifteen.
Groups of up to ten at your facility in Sydney is $1800 + GST + $180 + GST pp from eleven to fifteen.
Groups of up to ten at your facility outside of Sydney are the above cost + travel to from site at $85 + GST per hour and accommodation. (airfares at cost if required + hire car).
This training can earn participants Continuing Professional Development points (CPD). For more details click here
- Statement of Attendance for Asbestos Awareness Training.
- Issued by RTO Safety Training, RTO #40992
ASBESTOS REMOVAL TRAINING To become competent to remove asbestos please click here to see the training course options.