Pole Top Rescue Training - Course Dates
Pole Top Rescue Training
Sydney Safety Training Pole Top Rescue training is designed to train persons working at height on poles that support overhead electrical lines to affect a rescue of a work mate who is now suspended in their PPE. The unit of competency issued is UETTDRRF02B This training will require the participant to climb the pole past the victim, establish a rescue system on the pole and the worker, release the worker from the device they are suspended by, and control lower that person to the ground. At that point first aid and CPR can be administered.
6 hours – Start time 8:30am – Finish approx. 2pm. Extra time at end of session if conducting CPR training.
Course Pre Requisites
To attend pole top rescue training your staff need:
- A nationally accredited safe work at heights statment of attainment
- Current CPR Certificate (can be included in training day, see below)
If you have a current CPR Certificate (valid only for 2 years) cost is $295 GST FREE
If you DO NOT have current CPR, we will complete CPR on the day as well, and the cost is $340 GST FREE
Statement of Attainment – UETTDRRF02B Perform Pole Top Rescue
and if also completed HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Issued through RTO Safety Training, RTO #40992
This course covers the following topics:
- Pole Top Rescue equipment
- Rescue preparation
- Climbing the pole
- Freeing the victim
- Pole top resuscitation
- Preparation for lowering
- Lowering the victim
- Descent from the pole top
- Preparation for resuscitation
- Safety issues related to working at heights are covered, from how forces are generated in falls to correct selection and use of anchor points and height safety equipment.