Friable Asbestos Removal training - Course Dates
Friable Asbestos Removal training
All workers involved in asbestos removal are required to complete this course to qualify them to remove FRIABLE asbestos. When working in NSW your employer must have a WorkCover Class A Asbestos Removal Licence.
You will be provided with:
- Removal of Friable Asbestos Notes
- Set of disposable coveralls, P2 mask, glasses & gloves at no extra charge
- You will also be shown other equipment relevant to this type of work
- Tea, coffee and biscuits at our training site
- Please bring shorts and T shirt for practical training
Please print the code of practice for pre reading safely-remove-asbestos-code-of-practice-8286
The national unit of competency issued through this training is:
CPCCDE3015A – Remove friable asbestos
The “Statement of Attainment” is issued by RTO Safety Training RTO# 40992.
Pre-requisite Units of Competency
To enrol on OUR FRIABLE COURSE, you will have had to complete OUR NON FRIABLE course. If you completed NON FRIABLE elsewhere, we apologize but we will not accept you on our FRIABLE course. Any issues please call 02 9292 3370 to discuss
- CPCCDE3014A – Remove non-friable asbestos”. This training can be conducted the day prior to your Remove Friable Course.
- All attendees must also hold and present on the day of training a Statment of Attainment showing either “CPCCOHS1001A- Work safely in the construction industry” OR “CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry”. Either of these units of competency are also a prerequisite for asbestos training. If you completed a WHITE CARD formal training AFTER September 2009 you will have this unit of commpetency, but not if you DID THE TRAINING before that date. THIS IS NOT A SAFEWORK PREREQUISITE, BUT A NATIONAL TRAINING AUTHORITY REQUIREMENT THAT CANNOT BE WAIVED.
- If you do not present a Statement of Attainment for either of these units on the day of training, you can complete the training, but we cannot issue accreditation until you present a CURRENT Statement of Attainment with one of those units on it. This is NOT NEGOTIABLE, as it is a training authority pre-requisite.
safely-remove-asbestos-code-of-practice-8286 please download and read prior to attending.. this is your bible.
This programme is conducted over ONE day, starting at 8.30am on the Wednesday.
The cost of this course is $600.00 GST FREE for public courses
Group Fees – Groups are bookings of up to ten staff and for this 1 day programme the cost will be $6000 GST FREE and can be conducted at times agreed to at our site. Please call to discuss.
If you require training for a group of people anywhere in Australia, please contact us on 02 9892 3370. We can provide that training at your site or ours.
At no time during training will anyone be exposed to asbestos.
This training programme is conducted by qualified staff and includes:
- Prepare for asbestos removal
- Prepare asbestos removal area and removal site
- Enclose removal site
- Carry out asbestos removal process
- Carry out decontamination process
- Clean up work site
- Contribute to and use documentation in line with regulatory requirements
- Practical training in wearing PPE, setting up exclusion zone, constructing a bubble, removing asbestos, wrapping asbestos, decontaminating your PPE, and removing the bubble and other PPE
This training will require you to participate in physical practical exercises. Ensure you are fully aware of the risks prior to participating and understand the control measures employed.