Issue Work Permits Training - Course Dates
Issue Work Permits Training
This training covers the skills and knowledge required to issue work permits. It covers an understanding of the permit system and the limitations of each permit, and making decisions regarding the need for and correct use of each permit. This person may/but may not be involved in the actual work to be peformed, but must have a good understanding of the work and complete where required the appropriate risk assessment.
- Identify need for work permit
- Prepare worksite for authorized work
- Raise and issue work permits
- Monitor work for compliance
- Receive end of day report
- Close work permit
If you have staff responsible for issuing permits in your work place, this is the programme for them.
This is a one day programme that includes training in conduct hazard analysis, understanding WHS obligations for working at heights, confined space entry, hot work, asbestos removal, LOTO, line break etc. If you have a permit system in place, we would prefer to use your permits during the training session and follow your permit procedure.
This unit of competency requires all students to hold MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analyse or equivalent (RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control) before they can complete MSMPER300 Issue work permits. We conduct this pre-requisite unit in the morning, prior to going on to issue work permits. This is why the course duration is one day.
Upon successful completion attendees will receive at Statement of Attainment in:
- MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis (pre requisite for Issue work permits)
- MSMPER300 Issue work permits
Issued through RTO Safety Training, RTO #40992
Please download your pre course notes CS Pre Course Notes
This training can earn participants Continuing Professional Development points (CPD). For more details click here
This is a very popular programme that we are asked to present to your staff at either your site or ours. With a group booking we customise the programme to take in your permits and permit procedure. You can book up to ten staff per programme. Please call to discuss possible training dates on 02 9892 3370.
We conduct this training on demand from clients for their staff.
For group bookings, you can have up to 10 ten staff attend this training. The fee at your site is $1800 GST FREE in the Sydney Metro Area, $1500 GST FREE at our centre. Outside of Sydney there will be additional costs based on travel and if required accommodation. If you have more than ten staff requiring this training, please contact us to discuss on 02 9892 3370.
– Understand work permit system
– Confirm the need for a permit
– Identify the correct permit
– Inspect the work site
– Identify WHS environmental requirements
– Conduct risk assessment
– Check for permit required conditions
– Report to persons as required
– Carry out required testing
Raise & issue permits
– Document conditions on permit
– Document test results on permit
– Determine validity period
– Check permit conditions are met
– Complete and authorise permit
– All parties agree to permit conditions
– All parties to sign the permit
– Carry out regular site inspections
– Monitor conditions and respond to change
– Revalidate permit as required
– Display permit in prominent position
– Act on and report non-compliance
– Report any issues
Receive end of day reports
– Reports from permit recipients
– Confirm job status and progress
– Revalidate permit as required
– Confirm safety of site
– Permit handovers to incoming shifts
Close work oermit
– Inspect job status
– Check work satisfies permit conditions
– Ensure site ready for return to work
– Check return to work requirements are completed
– Sign off and close permit
– Communicate status to relevant personnel