Remove Friable and Non Friable Asbestos Training Course - Course Dates
Remove Friable and Non Friable Asbestos Training Course
This training will qualify you to work in the asbestos removal industry, and allow you to remove both NON FRIABLE and FRIABLE asbestos. When working in NSW your employer must have a WorkCover Class A or B Asbestos Removal Licence depending on the type of asbestos being removed.
Please print the code of practice for pre reading safely-remove-asbestos-code-of-practice-8286
You will be provided with:
- The Code of Practice Safely Remove Asbestos
- As many sets of disposable coveralls, P2 mask, glasses & gloves required to complete the practical
- You will also be shown & use H Class vacuums, powered filter masks, full face masks, negative air unit, smoke tester, tools and other equipment relevant to this type of work
- Tea, coffee and biscuits at our training site
- Please bring shorts and T Shirt for practical training
The national units of competency issued through this training are:
CPCCDE3014A – Remove non-friable asbestos
CPCCDE3015A – Remove friable asbestos
The “Statement of Attainment” is issued by RTO Safety Training RTO# 40992.
Pre-requisite Unit of Competency
- All attendees must also hold and present on the day of training a Statment of Attainment showing either “CPCCOHS1001A- Work safely in the construction industry” OR “CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry”. Either of these units of competency are also a prerequisite for asbestos training. If you completed a WHITE CARD formal training AFTER September 2009 you will have this unit of commpetency, but not if you DID THE TRAINING before that date. THIS IS NOT A SAFEWORK PREREQUISITE, BUT A NATIONAL TRAINING AUTHORITY REQUIREMENT THAT CANNOT BE WAIVED.
- If you do not present a Statement of Attainment for either of these units on the day of training, you can complete the training, but we cannot issue accreditation until you present a CURRENT Statement of Attainment with one of those units on it. This is NOT NEGOTIABLE, as it is a training authority pre-requisite.
safely-remove-asbestos-code-of-practice-8286 please download and read prior to attending.. this is your bible.
Please read this prior to attending training Click here to understand asbestos terminology
This programme is conducted over two days, starting at 7.00am on Tuesday and 8.30am Wednesday
The cost of this course is $795.00 GST FREE for public courses at Guildford Training Centre
Group Fees – Groups are bookings of up to ten staff and for this 2 day programme the cost will be $7000.00 GST FREE and can be conducted at times agreed to. Call to discuss please.
If you require training for a group of people anywhere in Australia, please contact us on 02 9892 3370. We can provide that training at your site or ours.
At no time during training will anyone be exposed to asbestos.
This training programme is conducted by qualified trainers and includes:
- Prepare for asbestos removal
- Prepare asbestos removal area and removal site
- Isolate removal site
- Enclose removal site
- Carry out asbestos removal process
- Carry out decontamination process
- Clean up work site
- Contribute to and use documentation in line with regulatory requirements
- Practical training in wearing PPE, setting up exclusion zone, constructing a bubble, removing asbestos, wrapping asbestos, decontaminating your PPE, and removing the bubble and other PPE