Licensed Asbestos Assessor
A person with management or control of a workplace must ensure, so far as reasonably practical, that all asbestos or asbestos containing material (ACM) at the workplace is identified by a licensed asbestos assessor.
Under the Work Health & Safety Regulations Part 8 Asbestos, fines apply for non-compliance.
A licensed asbestos assessors can:
- Identify potential asbestos and ACM
- Assess the risk of exposure to airborne asbestos
- Suggest measures to minimize or eliminate the risk of exposure
- Prepare an Asbestos Management Plan, or review existing plan if required
- Prepare an Asbestos Register for your site, or review your current register
- Be present and monitor air quality and procedures during class A asbestos removal by qualified personnel
- Conduct clearance inspections
- Provide clearance certificates in relation to Class A asbestos removal work
Even though the act discusses workplaces, assessors will provide the same service for domestic sites where home owners feel they might have an asbestos issue.