Confined Space Refresher Training - 1 Day Course - Course Dates
Confined Space Refresher Training – 1 Day Course
This course is conducted EVERY week for the public from 8:30am – 4pm at Guildford. If you have a group, we schedule to suit you.
This is a 1 day full confined space REFRESHER training course for all persons involved in confined space entry. Personnel attending this course must have a current confined space qualification which shows the COMPETENCIES they have been trained in. If your card states you have been trained to AS2865, and there are no competencies shown, then this is not an accredited qualification, AND CANNOT BE REFRESHED.
All personnel participating in this program MUST hold a recognized nationally accredited confined space certification no older than 3 years. They will need to bring this accreditation with them on the course.
ONLY the units of competency shown on your card will be re-issued, although you may participate in training that you have not been previously deemed competent in. As it is a refresher we cannot issue new units of competency.
Our training is compliant with “The Core Training Elements for the National Standard for Safe Working in a Confined Space” and the training also covers the Australian Standard AS/NZ 2865 (2009) Safe Working in a Confined Space. It is also in compliance with the Code of Practice for Confined Spaces 2019, click Confined-spaces-Code of Practice 2019 2019
If you are a Sydney Water contractor attending refresher training, you will also need to bring along a completed Sydney Water Fitness Statement. See below to print a copy.
|Training Subjects & Practical Exercises|
Participants will receive refresher training in:
- Confined Space Legislation & Workplace Hazards & Safe Work Procedures
- Confined Space Risk Assessment & Documentation
- Confined Space Entry Permits
- Confined Space Equipment, using CF harnesses, tripods & VED devices
- Atmospheric Hazards & the use of Gas Detection Equipment
- Breathing Apparatus and the practical use of SCBA
- Review of First Aid and Life Support
- Confined Space Emergency Procedures and Confined Space Rescue Drill
This training will require you to participate in physical practical exercises. Ensure you are fully aware of the risks prior to participating and understand the control measures employed.
Upon completion of our confined space refresher training programme participants will receive a Statement of Attendance in “Units of Competency” based on what is already on the accreditation card they are refreshing. Issued through RTO Safety Training, RTO #40992
Public Courses – Our confined space refresher course starts at 8:30am at our training centre in Guildford. The training hours for the day are from 8:30am to 4pm. This course takes only ONE DAY and finishes by 4pm.
Training at our site means you can send staff along for public programmes at times suitable to your work commitments. You can send up to ten staff, but for these numbers we would also arrange special dates/times for your group.
Onsite Courses – If you require onsite training, we can book dates and times to suit you. We take up to ten staff on this course. We now bring a “Mobile Training Centre” to your site for all practical training. For more details click here.
Course Fees – The following fee structure applies to our Confined Space Refresher 1 Day training course.
- Public Course Bookings at Guildford
* $265 GST FREE per person
* Group discount applies to 6 or more staff attending. Price is then fixed at $1500 GST FREE for up to
- Onsite Course Bookings
* This training is conducted at a cost of $2000 GST FREE for up to ten staff at your site
* Travel to/from site is $85.00 + GST per hour
* Airfares & hire car at cost if not organised by client
* Accommodation if not supplied by client is billed at cost.
- Print Course Attendance Letter for CS Refresher – for all students attending the course.
- Course dates for this year
- Download Sydney Water Fitness Statement
All courses are nationally recognised, and our confined space programme is Sydney Water compliant.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE IN ENGLISH, AND MUST BE ABLE TO FILL OUT ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION. We can train people where English is an issue, but it needs to be on a specially scheduled programme and YOU WILL NEED TO provide an interpreter..