Important information regarding Coronavirus
Sydney Safety Training (SST) is open and conducting training daily.
Our training centre is located in the Cumberland LGA, which has just been placed into lock down. Please be aware, we are open and providing all training and services to authorised people. We are an authorised activity, for clarity please review Authorised workers | NSW Government
Sydney Safety Training provides equipment and government mandated certification for workers to continue working during the lockdown in high risk essential services, such as
- Electrical, gas water and waste services
SST is also a SafeWorkNSW accredited centre providing qualification for construction workers in
- the approved removal of asbestos
- how to safely work on a construction site ( the mandatory white card).
Can we continue to provide these services under the current Health Order 20th August 2021.
The answer was YES and we have been given a Case Number 17019761
Clients coming into our LGA. If you live outside of a locked down LGA you are allowed to enter? There is no restriction on people entering Fairfield, Canterbury-Bankstown, Liverpool, Cumberland & Blacktown LGAs to provide services, work or deliver goods.
Please be assured we have taken strict preventative measures for all persons at our training centre.
You ARE NOT to attend training if:
- You have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 21 days and you have not self isolated for 14 days and received the required NEGATIVE COVID test results.
- You feel unwell, have a temperature , dry cough or flu like symptoms.
- If you live in any of the restricted LGAs, and do not have – a negative COVID-19 test in the previous 72 hours, or have not not had at least one vaccination older than 3 weeks.
- or are not an essential worker .
It is important we all use common sense at this time, so if you feel at all unwell, please stay at home until you have recovered. If you have already booked on a course, just call 02 9892 3370 and we will defer your booking until you are well. If for any reason you cannot rebook, no problem, we are more than happy to refund your course fees upon request.
Everyone entering our premises must follow our COVID Controls:
- We disinfect all tables, door handles and other areas you come in to contact with on a daily basis BEFORE CLASS
- You must QR code check in on arrival at the training centre
- You will be temperature checked on arrival at the centre
- You will provide proof of ID and residential address. We will check you are an “authorised worker”.
- If you live in any of the restricted LGAs, you MUST provide us with a current (last 3 days) NEGATIVE COVID test.
- You will be supplied with a N95 disposable mask which MUST BE WORN at all times other than consuming food or drink. Replacements are readily available
- You will be socially distanced in the classroom, one person per 4 s/m.
- We provide disinfecting hand wash in every room. Please use each time you leave the room and whenever else you feel it is necessary
- Each student is provided with disposable gloves to wear during practical session
- If you feel unwell during the day, please advise us and you can go home. You can then complete training when you feel better at a later date at no additional charge
- You will only use disposable drinking cups. We only provide sachets of teabags, sugar & coffee. Biscuits are in individual packets of two.
- You will also receive from your trainer a detailed briefing on our safety procedures each morning
- Please ensure you social distance at all times, and do not sit on our front footpath.
- All our staff undergo a weekly Covid test to ensure everyone’s safety
We ask you to:
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth – Why? Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and can make you sick.
- Practice respiratory hygiene – Make sure you keep your mask on at all times.
- Why? Droplets spread virus. By following good respiratory hygiene you protect the people around you from viruses such as cold, flu and COVID-19
Our COVID Safety Plan SST COVID-19 Safety Plan