Important information regarding Coronavirus COVID 19
Firstly Sydney Safety Training (SST) is open and conducting training daily.
To keep this training facility open to the public, we have had to put in place some strict controls to protect you and our staff.
Our procedures are updated as new information is received from the Federal and State Governments.
Students ARE NOT to attend training if:
- You have you returned from overseas or Victoria in the last 21 days and not isolated for 14 days.
- You have you been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 21 days and not isolated for 14 days.
- You you feel unwell, have a temperature , dry cough or flu like symptoms.
It is important we all use common sense at this time, so if you feel in anyway unwell, please stay at home until you have recovered. If you have already booked on a course, just call on 02 9892 3370 and we will defer your booking until you are well. If for any reason you cannot rebook, no problem, we are more than happy to refund your courses fees upon request.
COVID 19 Controls in place at SST:
- We disinfect all tables, door handles and other areas you come in to contact with on a daily basis BEFORE CLASS
- You will be temperature checked on arrival at the centre
- You will be supplied with a N95 disposable mask which MUST BE WORN during training. Replacements are readily available
- As a precaution we will practice a form of social distancing – we will have one student per desk and you will not sit directly behind the person in front
- We provide disinfecting hand wash in every room. Please use each time you leave the room and whenever else you feel it is necessary
- Each student is provided with disposable gloves to wear during practical session
- If you feel unwell during the day, please advise us and you can go home. You can then complete training when you feel better at a later date at no additional charge
- The World Health Organisation The (WHO) recommends if you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected COVID-19 infection or wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing. We have P2 masks available if required.
- We are constantly monitoring the government and medical information sources
- You will only use disposable drinking cups. We only provide sachets of teabags, sugar & coffee. Biscuits are in individual packets of two.
- You will also receive from your trainer a detailed breifing on our safety procedures each morning
- Please ensure you social distance at breaks
We ask you to:
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth – Why? Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and can make you sick.
- Practice respiratory hygiene – Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Why? Droplets spread virus. By following good respiratory hygiene you protect the people around you from viruses such as cold, flu and COVID-19