Fire Extinguisher Training
Use of Portable Fire Extinguishers This 4 hour programme is designed to make your staff competent to use portable fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets. In all workplaces you will find portable fire fighting equipment. This training will explain the different extinguishing agents and where they are best used, how to effectively operate a fire extinguisher, fire hose or fire blanket. The training will cover:
- basic methods of locating a fire
- Correct use of fire extinguihsers and hose reels on different classes of fire and implications of incorrect use
- How fire can be spread by conduction, convection, radiation and direct burning
- How water pressure influences the discharge distance of hose reels
- Key actions in a fire emergency, commonly known by the acronym RACE: Rescue / activate alarm / confine fire / evacuate or extinguish
- Meaning of secondary damage
- Reasons for cooking oil a fat fires requiring special attention
- Theory of fire, including the triangle of combustion
- Types and operation of fire protection equipment classified as first attack equipment
During this training your staff will actually use various types of fire extinguishers to extinguish digitally simulated fires. The fire will respond to how they use the extinguisher, poor technique the fire will not go out, good technique will see a successful result in fire extinguisher use. We use the world renowned BULLEX system which has the following benefits:
Clean Training BullsEye uses a conical laser to replicate extinguisher discharge, rather than depending on a dry-chemical or CO2 extinguisher, making it a cleaner way to train.
Safe Training Utilize LED-driven digital flames and a laser training extinguisher to provide a dynamic and realistic simulation for trainees while eliminating the hazards associated with conventional fire extinguisher training. Help businesses in your community meet their WH&S training requirements.
Effective Training Simulate class A, B, E and F fires at four difficulty levels. Grade trainees and monitor their progress over time. Hundreds of trainees can be trained in a single day without recharging any extinguishers.
Train Anywhere Because only a laser is emitted from the training extinguisher, extinguisher training can now be conducted virtually anywhere indoors or out – where fires may actually occur. For outdoor use, the system also responds to BullEx’s compressed air and water SmartExtinguisher® training extinguisher.
Trackable training BullsEye has the ability to score users and track how long it takes them to extinguish a fire, making it easy to monitor improvement and proficiency over time.
To watch Bullex in action click link – Bullex Fire Extinguisher Training
Upon successful completion of this programme you will receive a certificate of attainment for the national unit of competency CPPFES2005A Demonstrate first attack fire fighting equipment