A confined space ticket is gained by participating in a nationally accredited confined space course with a Registered Training Organisation such as ours. This programme then issues units of competency depending on what length programme you take.For more info go to our confined space page by clicking here.
Today having just worked in confined spaces for a long time is not enough. All persons working in confined spaces must be trained to the level they are working to.
So what are these people actually doing, and are they trained to that level:
- a basic worker working in a confined space, no other responsibility
- are they required to be a confined space standby, much more responsible position
- are they required to be able to competently gas test
- will they need to perform confined space rescue
- will they need to use breathing apparatus
- do they need to supervise a permit
- do they issue permits
- do they need CPR training to assist in emergencies
To assist in understanding your obligations with confined space training, please review our confined space training options. Click here